Monday, August 28, 2006

One week in site

What´s the deal with my brain? Why I´m I so obviously insane? In the perfect situation, I let love down the drain. There´s the pitch slow and straight. All I have to do is swing and I´m a hero--gone down to zero...

jeje so i just decided to include the above by weezer because i love the song and the lyrics :) damn i miss listening to the latest english music....

ok so i ahve been in my site for roughly one week and things are going really slow :( i like the family that i am staying with and truthfully it doesnt bother me that i have spiders in my room or a field mouse (when i saw it--i remembered how i freaked out at cal when i discovered one in my bedroom. to me, it was disgusting and i also couldnt really sleep, so my roomie and i rearranged our beds so the mouse couldnt crawl on us when we were sleeping....jaja...when i told the manager about it, he asked if it wasnt just my imagination--the nerve of that punk!!!)

but anyways, back to paraguay--it somewhat bothers me that i always have to chase chickens and a dog with fleas out of my room and the house....

i think what really bothers me the most is that i get treated like a child--i cant even get a glass of water by myself...my host sister and mom are very over protective and watch over all my needs. not that it is necessarily a bad thing or anything...its just that there are some things that i prefer to do on my own. so currently i am counting down the days until i move to the next family (1 week and 1 day). i am really excited about living with the next family since they are very energetic and live downtown next to the school and church. also they have 2 increidibly cute sons--but my guess is that they are not pass 21 :( nuts!!! jaja

so the banana coop that i work with has one main problem---it has no money!!! its socios dont pay their dues. nobody knows why i am there---and i know its going to take a lot of explaining that i am not an employee of the coop, but im there to work alongside them so they can hopefully be more efficient and together solve some problems/obstacles they currently have.....

as for the rest of the town, it seems like nobody really cares that i am here. i get no questions whatsover :( recently i started visiting a couple of families--except my contact doesnt introduce me at all and immediately starts speaking in guarani with them....so whenever there is a pause in their guarani conversation, i jump in and ask questions....yup my contact definitely doesnt understand at all why i want to visit families and get to know them eventhough i have tried explaining quite a few times.....its frustrating because it is the complete opposite of what i was exposed to in las piedras--where everybody said hello and asked a ton of questions. for now i definitely consider las piedras my paraguayan home more than here...i miss it!!!

but ok enough complaining....i hope you guys find yourselves well and will soon enough write a bunch of personal emails....now that i have the downtime

un besote gigante!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home